Hi all! After our last post, I thought that it might be a good time to talk about how to properly care for your heat friendly styles-- we don't want you to ruin your beautiful new pastel piece! ;-) Heat friendly styles are wonderful, as they offer so many ways to wear your hair-- whether it be straight, curly, or somewhere in between-- but, they require some special attention and care if you want to get the most out of your new 'do.
For a more visual version of this post, visit Teghan's video here! :-)
Here are the basics:
- Always pay attention to the heat setting on your styling tools. Heat friendly fibers can withstand low heat, but do NOT exceed 280 degrees Fahrenheit, or you will have a fried wig on your hands.
- Only use a plastic, wide tooth comb to brush your heat friendly piece. Bristles, especially metal, will strip the fibers of their properties and will ruin your wig.
- To shampoo:
- Fill a basin of mild shampoo and swish gently in water
- Rinse thoroughly in cold water
- Gently shake hairpiece out
- Drip dry
- Do not brush hairpiece when wet
- Brush into desired style when completely dry
- We highly suggest using Jon Renau's Heat Defiant Smooth Detangler anytime you are wearing a heat friendly piece, this will keep your piece looking great and tangle-free!
- Optional, but highly recommended, we suggest using a heat protectant when styling your piece. This will help to prevent frizzing and keep your ends looking their best!
If you have any questions about heat friendly styles or care, please let us know--we are here to help! Happy styling! :-)
Until next time,
Chloe at Joshua24.com by Name Brand Wigs