Hi all! After our last post, I thought that it might be a good time to talk about how to properly care for your heat friendly styles-- we don't want you to ruin your beautiful new pastel piece! ;-) Heat friendly styles are wonderful, as they offer so many ways to wear your hair-- whether it be straight, curly, or somewhere in between-- but, they require some special attention and care if you want to get the most out of your new 'do.
For a more visual version of this post, visit Teghan's video here! :-)
Here are the basics:
- Always pay attention to the heat setting on your styling tools. Heat friendly fibers can withstand low heat, but do NOT exceed 280 degrees Fahrenheit, or you will have a fried wig on your hands.
- Only use a plastic, wide tooth comb to brush your heat friendly piece. Bristles, especially metal, will strip the fibers of their properties and will ruin your wig.
- Wash your style every 6-10 wears or as needed, using shampoo and conditioner intended for synthetic fibers.
- To shampoo:
- Fill a basin of mild shampoo and swish gently in water
- Rinse thoroughly in cold water
- Gently shake hairpiece out
- Drip dry
- Do not brush hairpiece when wet
- Brush into desired style when completely dry
- We highly suggest using Jon Renau's Heat Defiant Smooth Detangler anytime you are wearing a heat friendly piece, this will keep your piece looking great and tangle-free!
It comes in two sizes, 8.5 fl oz and 2 fl oz.
- Optional, but highly recommended, we suggest using a heat protectant when styling your piece. This will help to prevent frizzing and keep your ends looking their best!
It comes in two sizes as well, 8.5 fl oz and 2 fl oz.
If you have any questions about heat friendly styles or care, please let us know--we are here to help! Happy styling! :-)
Until next time,
Chloe at Joshua24.com by Name Brand Wigs