Wig Tips and Tricks For The Holidays!
Can you believe the holiday season is right around the corner? I know, we can’t either! As you make your guest lists and shop for everyone you love, don’t forget to give a heads up to your wig care this holiday season. We’ve put together a few little tips to help you keep your hair as fresh and gorgeous as always, no matter how you’ll be spending your holidays!
Traveling With Your Wigs? Keep Them Present-able With These Tips
If you’re traveling during the holiday season, you might be worried about how to keep your wigs looking their very best in your suitcases. Lucky for you, it doesn’t need to be difficult.
- We suggest packing your wigs when they are clean and dry. The best way to keep them looking sharp is to pack them in their boxes, just as they were received. If you’re worried about those boxes taking up too much room, you can put them into individual plastic zipped bags. Some ladies like to gently tie a scarf around the wig to keep the hair from sliding around.
- Many wig-wearers prefer to wear their wig while traveling, but take caution if you have a long flight. Unless you are used to wearing your wig for many hours at a time, it can become slightly itchy or uncomfortable to wear for a long flight (think 8-10 hours or more.) Some travelers say wearing a cooling HeadLine It liner can help with this. Others think the best way to stay comfy on a long plane ride is to wear a gorgeous headscarf or wrap while traveling and save their wig until they arrive at their destination.
- You may want to pack your wig(s) in your carry-on bag just in case you arrive without your luggage. You know you can handle any emergency as long as you have your hair!
- Don’t worry about those little metal clips. They won’t set off the security buzzers!
- Consider bringing along a backup wig, just in case you have troubles or want a change of style.
- It’s a great idea to bring a travel wig stand to place your wig on when you settle in your room. Having a wig stand will help your piece hold its shape and style. We’ve got two options of foldable wig stands right here! (Secret tip: if you’re in a hotel and forget your wig stand, flip the empty ice bucket upside down and use that!)
Cooking For The Holidays? Roast The Turkey, Not the Topper!
- Be careful with your holiday baking! Most wigs are NOT heat resistant and bending into a hot oven to baste the bird or grab a pan of cookies can singe your hair. Try a heat-resistant wig to keep your locks safe and looking lovely. If that’s not your bag, then either remove your wig when baking or ask for some help to transfer food in and out of the oven.
Have a Plan B!
Emergencies happen and they can ruin your holiday. It’s a good idea to have a back-up wig, just in case. Order an extra one today!
Also, keep in mind, shipping delays and back-orders can happen this time of year, so be sure to order your holiday wigs early, so you aren’t disappointed with the big day! We’ll do our very best to make sure your holiday wigs arrive in time for you to look your very best as you celebrate!