Why Do I A Need Lace Front Wig?
"Let the lace walk to the front, please!"
Sophistication, comfort, and the perfect natural hair are a few things we look for when it comes to a wig choice. For years now the ingenious design of lace front wigs has given wig wearers a natural, confident, and stunning look. Why? Because a lace front gives a natural looking hairline.
What is a Lace Front?
A lace front wig has a fine sheer mesh with hand-tied hairs that are attached individually to the mesh and then sewn to the front of the wig cap. This feature allows you true versatility. The "see-through" material of the mesh allows for the hair to appear as though it is growing right out of your scalp. This means you could draw your hair back in an iconic Audrey Hepburn fashion, or swoop it gently to the side and either way you will find the hairline seamless.
The Pros to Wearing A Lace Front Wig
- Lace front wigs are the best option for a natural hairline and an overall natural looking wig.
- Lace front wigs are very comfortable and simple to wear.
- Lace front wigs can be styled many different ways.
- Lace front wigs can be fairly lightweight even with the extra feature.
The Cons to Wearing A Lace Front Wig
- The lace front mesh can at times be lighter or darker than your skin tone, depending on which hair color you choose and whether the wig has a dark root. This simply means there may be a little blending work to do with make-up, etc.
- Lace front wigs need a gentle touch, best to not pull or tug on the bang area when putting on your wig as the lace mesh is delicate. Pulling can lead to fraying the mesh or warping the lace front so that it no longer lies smoothly against your skin.
- Lace front wigs can be more expensive because of the added labor involved when being made.
If you want to learn more about lace front wigs check out our Lace Front Guide.
The Best Lace Front Wig Brands
We will let our fans answer this question for you because they have gone through the ups and downs of different lace fronts according to brand. And... drum roll please, the top brands for lace front wigs are: Jon Renau, Estetica, and Raquel Welch.
Even though we would say these are good starter brands for a lace front style, you will come to find your own likes and wig wearing style. The best advice we can give is to always do some research! Find a YouTube video, an article like this one, or even give us a call with any questions you have. A little extra information goes a long way and will help you have the best experience in getting a style that suites you.
We hope you enjoyed learning more about lace front wigs and their natural benefit. Let us know which lace front style you love! -NBW Family